Parent Portal is here!!
Cheltenham Elementary is a neighborhood school located in northwest Denver at 1580 Julian Street (corner of Irving Street and West Colfax Avenue).
Cheltenham serves early childhood through fifth grade children. We value the linguistic and cultural diversity of our students and aim to provide focused and quality instruction to meet the needs of all students.
It is the mission of Cheltenham Elementary School to create a positive learner centered atmosphere where students achieve academic excellence and personal responsibility.
To achieve our mission as a school Cheltenham will:
- Collaborate as a staff and with parents to achieve a common purpose
- Create an atmosphere that encourages, motivates, and has consistent expectations
- Monitor each student’s progress
- Implement a variety of strategies to ensure all students meet grade level proficiencies; and
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to our collective goals and to the success of all students.
Cheltenham is a family and community centered school that offers many learning opportunities for parents. We know strong parental and community investment in our students’ education is key to the success of our students.
- Writing Alive
- TRACKS Science
- Reading Recovery (English and Spanish)
- Extended day Kinder and ECE programs
- Butterfly Hope science/art program during intersessions and summer
- Partnerships with Community College of Denver and Catholic Charities
- Accelerated Reader